This creamy baked Boursin Rooster recipe is a simple a crowd-pleaser. With minimal components and the one dish clean-up, it’s a surefire dinnertime success!
Baked in a glass casserole dish or your favourite forged iron pan, this extremely straightforward Boursin hen is on the desk in simply half-hour! You’ll be able to whip up recent Boursin cheese or use pre-made, both method it’s scrumptious.
In relation to straightforward weeknight meals, hen is a go-to protein. It’s lean, clear, healthful, and at all times a crowd-pleaser. Utilizing this traditional Baked Rooster technique seals in all of the juices.
This Boursin hen recipe isn’t any exception. Do-it-yourself Boursin Cheese as a result of it’s so recent and decadent, however this recipe is simply as wonderful with store-bought! It makes a wealthy, creamy garlic cream sauce you possibly can’t resist!
One of the best half about Boursin recipes is that you should utilize leftovers to make Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms!
Elements and Substitutions
- Boneless, Skinless Rooster Breasts – Select hen breasts of the identical measurement and thickness to make sure even baking. Whereas the recipe suggests 4 hen breasts, three giant are depicted. You’ll be able to substitute hen tenders to scale back bake time.
- Olive Oil – Additional virgin olive oil provides wonderful taste, however any oil will work, together with canola or vegetable oil in a pinch.
- Salt – Thick flakes of recent floor sea salt from a grinder add nice texture and taste, however you possibly can substitute kosher salt.
- Black Pepper – Thick flakes of recent floor black pepper from a grinder are most well-liked, however you should utilize floor black pepper, if wanted.
- Boursin Cheese – Make your individual Do-it-yourself Boursin Cheese or use store-bought.
- Milk – Any form of milk you’ve got available will work, the heavier the milk, the creamier the sauce will likely be.
- Recent Chives – Chopped recent chives add a scrumptious contact of taste and coloration.
- Garlic and herb Boursin is the most typical, however shallots and chives can also be wonderful. Use your favourite.
- Add roasted tomatoes, spinach or mushrooms to the sauce.
- Boursin Stuffed Rooster Breast – As an alternative of including it on high, stuff the hen breast with Boursin (and skip the stovetop directions).
- Cast iron goes from oven to vary high making it a one-dish dinner.
- Use a meat tenderizer to pound the hen, It can assist it cook dinner evenly make the scale extra constant and tender.
- For the juiciest hen, enable hen breasts to relaxation 5-10 minutes earlier than slicing and serving. It seals within the juices.
Boursin Pasta – Toss or serve on a mattress of pasta.
Sandwiches – Slice hen and serving on pita or baguette.
Rooster Wrap – Slice and serve in a hen wrap, simply add recent greens.
Regularly Requested Questions
Boursin is a flavored cream cheese, historically made out of cow’s milk. With added recent herbs, it was developed in France within the Fifties and endures to this present day, beloved for its creamy, recent traits.
It’s a flavored cream cheese stuffed with all types of tasty herbs. Boursin Cheese is delicate, somewhat crumbly, and spreadable.
You’ll be able to prep this dish forward of time, wrap tightly, and retailer within the fridge for as much as 24 hours earlier than baking.
The way to Retailer
- At Room Temperature – Rooster could be not noted whereas serving, however now not than two hours.
- Refrigerate – This hen dish could be saved lined within the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Freeze – Enable hen to chill. Place entire hen, chopped hen, or shredded hen in baggage or containers. You’ll be able to hold hen frozen for as much as three months.
To Defrost from Frozen
To defrost frozen Boursin hen, let it thaw within the fridge after which reheat in oven or skillet. To maintain hen moist, let simmer in a lined skillet or lined pan within the oven with just a few tablespoons of hen inventory.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Keto Boursin Rooster Recipe
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a baking dish or forged iron, brush each side of hen with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add ¼ cup dollop of Boursin on high of every hen breast.
Bake 25 minutes or till inside temperature of every breast reaches 165°F.
Take away from oven and switch to stovetop in an oven secure skillet/pan over medium low warmth. Add milk and scrape melted boursin from hen. Stir or whisk round hen till mixed. Coat hen with cheese and take away from warmth.
Garnish with chives. Enable to relaxation 5-10 minutes earlier than serving.
- Use forged iron to go from oven to vary.
- Use a meat tenderizer to pound the hen to make it tender and assist it cook dinner extra evenly.
- Enable hen breasts to relaxation 5-10 minutes earlier than slicing and serving to seal within the juices.
Energy: 631kcal (32%), Carbohydrates: 4g (1%), Protein: 38g (76%), Fats: 51g (78%), Saturated Fats: 25g (125%), Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g, Monounsaturated Fats: 11g, Trans Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 179mg (60%), Sodium: 770mg (32%), Potassium: 594mg (17%), Fiber: 1g (4%), Sugar: 4g (4%), Vitamin A: 973IU (19%), Vitamin C: 3mg (4%), Calcium: 89mg (9%), Iron: 1mg (6%)
Estimated vitamin info is supplied as a courtesy and isn’t assured.