Regardless of my finest efforts, summer season is the season when my journal tends to gather extra mud than recollections. Simply this morning, I jotted down a fast recap out of some invisible obligation (“ate a number of watermelons, swam in a number of swimming pools, learn a number of YA books“) in order that I may get on with the great things. Fall is approaching and abruptly, my journal beckons. Its crisp, clean pages primed and prepared for all my good ideas… however, full disclosure? That is coming from a girl who actually simply typed “good” into thesaurus.com solely to decide on the equally uninspired, “good” for the earlier sentence.
It could seem my mind may benefit from one thing of a jumpstart.
Irrespective of the way you method your journaling follow this season, whether or not you’re new to journaling, a die-hard everyday-er, or like me, simply dipping again in after an extended stretch, journal prompts are the kindest entry to writing. Personally, I discover that September is the proper month to realign with morning and night routines that most certainly took a extra relaxed method in the summertime.
Featured picture from our interview with Megan Roup by Michelle Nash.
52 September Journal Prompts for Every thing You Want
I like to softly invite longer stretches of writing into my day and take note of the transition occurring each round and inside me. Journal prompts are useful any time of 12 months, however these are significantly directed towards September—when the times develop shorter, our consideration begs to show inward, and we notice that an ending (and with that, a brand new starting), is in sight.
For Checking In
- How do you’re feeling—actually?
- What would you like—actually?
- What’s been a giant win for you to this point this 12 months?
- What issues most to you this season?
- What are you studying about your self?
- What have you learnt for certain?
- What are you questioning about?
- What’s right here to remain?
- What is going to move?
- Whenever you really feel ache or disappointment, what makes you’re feeling grounded?
- Are you forcing your self to take care of any relationships?
- What are the vitality givers in your life?
- What are the vitality takers in your life?
- The place are you able to higher concentrate?
- What’s one factor you’ll be able to take away out of your plate this season?
- What does your physique want in the present day?
- What does your soul want in the present day?
- What three issues are contributing to your peace proper now?
- What does your best weekend appear to be this season?
- What fall rituals did you all the time sit up for? What new fall rituals are you able to create this 12 months?
- What are you good at?
- What makes you distinctive?
- Problem your self to write down an entire web page devoted to compliments about your self.
- What are you studying to let go of?
- What are some methods you’ll be able to present compassion towards your self?
- What phrases of encouragement do you most want to listen to in the present day?
- Mirror on whenever you met your finest pal. What about them instantly drew you in? Now brainstorm the qualities about your self that drew you to them.
- Write in regards to the methods your presence alone makes others really feel joyful, seen, and supported.
- Write a few time whenever you felt actually your self.
- Make a listing of the issues making your life simpler proper now.
- How are you going to let a previous lesson information your future?
- What’s one drawback you’ll be able to launch?
- What intentions do you wish to set for the months forward?
- What are some methods you’ll be able to grasp your actions? Feelings? Mindset?
- Assume 10 years previously and 10 years sooner or later. What would you inform your youthful self? What hopes would you share together with your older self?
- Make a listing of your values. How are you dwelling out and in of alignment with these values?
- Outline what success appears like for your self.
- Write a few troublesome time in your life. How did you get via it?
- What’s your mantra on this season?
- What are 10 issues making you content proper now?
- What makes you’re feeling most like your self?
- What have you ever been listening to currently?
- Write about a spot the place you’re feeling most impressed. Describe how you’re feeling emotionally and bodily whenever you’re there and replicate on how the surroundings engages your senses.
- What’s the subsequent factor you wish to study?
- What’s one of the best recommendation you’ve ever obtained?
- What two issues are you able to do that week to expertise growth in your life?
For Inventive Power
- What actions or hobbies enable you to expertise inventive move?
- What have been your favourite issues to do as a baby?
- What does your dream dwelling appear to be?
- How did you uncover your love for what you do? Be it professionally, creatively, or in your free time?
- What does artwork imply to you?
- What does magnificence imply to you?
This put up was initially printed on September 2, 2022, and has since been up to date.